Re: booting off CD on Gateway laptop

Tommy McNeely wrote:
Tried RedHat 7.2 CD, no go, it just acts like its not a bootable CD... I
have no doubt in my mind that its a problem with the laptop, but it
still strange none-the-less, and I assume you might have support issues
on this too... I found my floppy drive now, so I can use boot disk.. I
have 7.2 floating around, if you want me to try 7.3 specifically, I can.
I think others have this problem on Toshiba laptops as well...

No, if it didn't work on 7.2, it probably won't work with 7.3.

btw, the "cdrom" drive is a DVD-ROM .. if that matters :-/

It is not without the realm of possibility. Do you have a different drive that you could try?

Forrest