Re: booting off CD on Gateway laptop

On Dec 27, 2002, "Taylor, ForrestX" <forrestx taylor intel com> wrote:

>> btw, the "cdrom" drive is a DVD-ROM .. if that matters :-/

> It is not without the realm of possibility.  Do you have a different
> drive that you could try?

FWIW, booting off a DVD-ROM works on my Toshiba laptop.  Mind you, it
didn't work back in 7.x because the Bios couldn't boot off 2.88MB
images, nor on the first isolinux-bootable release (7.3 or 8.0?)
because isolinux didn't have a work-around in place for another BIOS
issue.  Phoebe boots just fine.  Yay!

--
Alexandre Oliva, GCC Team, Red Hat