some initial problems with Phoebe

1) Cannot add program to startup in Gnome:
From Start Here ---> Preferences -->Extras --->
Sessions ---> Startup Programs, click on "Add" and
there is no additional dialog to enter the program
parameters. The "Sessions" window just sits there, and
I have to kill it , often from the System Monitor (sorry,
I'm more of a "GUI-guy" than a "command-line guru".)

2) Cannot view the contents of the Trash folder.
I get the following error message:
The Test view encountered an error when starting up.

3) Power off fails, whereas it worked perfectly on this
very _SAME_ hardware in Psyche. Either from the
desktop or from the login console, when I choose to
"shutdown the machine", it ends with the final line:
"Power down". on screen, BUT I can only shut off the
machine via the power bar, NOT the power-switch on
the box.

Elton Woo :-)

elwoo videotron ca - ICQ #149608718 - Montreal (Quebec), CANADA.