Re: some initial problems with Phoebe

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

On Dec 28, 2002, Elton Woo <elwoo videotron ca> wrote:

3) Power off fails, whereas it worked perfectly on this
very _SAME_ hardware in Psyche. Either from the
desktop or from the login console, when I choose to
"shutdown the machine", it ends with the final line:
"Power down". on screen, BUT I can only shut off the
machine via the power bar, NOT the power-switch on
the box.

append acpi=off to the kernel command line, but be sure to file a bugzilla with the output of dmidecode such that kernel folks can have a chance to fix acpi for your hardware, or perhaps disable it for now.

erm, .... could you provide me with dummy-level instructions
on how to do so (i.e. which file to edit?). TIA

Elton ;-)

--
elwoo videotron ca - ICQ #149608718 - Montreal (Quebec), CANADA.