Re: Two floppy boot?

> You still need drivers for the kernel, I've not compared the initrds,
> but I note the one for the pxe boot is smaller.

not really.

pxe works like this:
pxe boot the network card by its internal rom
look for a pxe server on the network
grab the location of a kernel and initrd for there
grab the kernel via tftp
grab the initrd via tftp
load both
boot
do stuff here.

if you grab the initrd-everything then you don't need to worry about
drivers and pxe doesn't care how big the initrd is.

> Besides, setting up and using pxe isn't so simple. I couldn't do it for
> 7.2 even with the combined help of valhalla-list.

then you were trying diligently to confuse it.

i've not had much trouble with it except for troublesome network cards
that needed to be flashed.

-sv