Re: Newbie questions

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 18:29, Martin Felker wrote:
> Since I have Disc 1 iso and if I can burn it and begin the boot process
> is there some way (through virtual consoles or whatever) that I could
> point anaconda to the web site rather than a local file when it asks for
> a disk change?.

I didn't see one when I did my install.  I think that doing a network
install from the normal boot CD would be rather spiffy, though.

> More important to me - are people doing an upgrade from Psyche (or
> earlier RH Linux distro) rather than a fresh install??   What are
> peoples experiences?  I could go either way as I can backup Psyche
> (which I'm getting to like despite quirks) using Powerquest Drive Image
> 2002 to a second HD on my Althlon XP 1900+ (think I got the name correct).

I just did an upgrade to this new beta from 8.0 (plus a few things from
rawhide), and it seems to be working fine, except that this new beta is
still quite buggy.

Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc linuxweasel com>