Re: Mozilla Font Rendition

Robert L Cochran wrote:
How do I capture and then drop a screenshot like that in an email? Love
the effect, I'd like to do that also.

I'm even more puzzled now because your screenshot looks great; my
rendition on the laptop looks awful.

Woops, I was taking the screenshot on the wrong machine. On my beta machine it does look pretty bad.

It's strange. The following html snippit shows the problem:

Hi there.

The use of the lang="el" maps the fonts strangely. Here's the match:

[0x87ce750] setting up pattern with the following specification:
        adding non-generic families: times new roman,
        lang group: el
        adding generic family: serif
        point,pixel size: 12,240
        slant: roman
        weight: (orig,calc) 400,100
matched the following (10) fonts:
        Fixed
        Nimbus Roman No9 L
        Nimbus Roman No9 L
        Kochi Mincho
        ZYSong18030
        AR PL Mingti2L Big5
        Baekmuk Batang
        StarMath
        Standard Symbols L
        console8x16

Somehow in that language Fixed ends up in the font list before Nimbus Roman No9 L.

Owen, what say you?

--Chris

Bob