Re: cannot get a solid iso

>> Bradley D. Pierson <bpierson charter net>
>> Well, I am ready to give up, I have tried everything that my little
>> knowledge of linux lets me do, and I still cannot get a copy of the
>> ISO's to burn without an error near the end (98%).  I welcome any input
>> as what to do and try.

Please do not reply below the -- line in email. Most mailers think anything
below this line is a signature.

Assuming that the iso's check fine with md5sum (I suspect they will) make
sure you are burning in dao mode. I have seen the above error many times
burning in tao mode (the default). If you are using cdrecord something
like: /usr/bin/cdrecord -v --eject -dao dev=0,0,0 speed=8
                                    ^^^
                                    ^^^
Of course season to taste.

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....