Re: nano editor in Shrike?

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:14:40PM -0500, Brian Ashe scripsit:
> Graydon,
>
> On Wednesday April 02, 2003 01:11, Graydon wrote:
> > So far as I know, there exists not a single GUI mail client that allows
> > one to use a real -- meaning 'user defined' -- editor when composing
> > one's mail messages.
> >
> > Am I wrong about this?
>
> Kmail does. You have to configure it in the options and then when you reply or
> start a new mail message, it will still open the composer window, but once
> you start typing your desired editor opens and lets you work in that. Once
> done writing, you close it and the composer finishes up. Click send and
> you're done.
>
> This was composed in Emacs, just to prove it. :)

Found it; thank you.

KMail is unforunately still unuseable on grounds of its expectation to
be the only mail client on ever uses for anything, but it's good to know
that's in there.  (All those regenerating folder indexes...)

--
oak uniserve com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,