Re: Arabic support in RedHat 9

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 5:29 am, Matt Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:38:48PM -0700, jdow wrote:
> > My understanding regarding fonts is that a font face cannot be
> > copyrighted but the name can be. So it is hard to imagine what
> > might have been the copyright issue here.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Matt
> msw redhat com
> --
> Matt Wilson
> Manager, Base Operating Systems
> Red Hat, Inc.

The fonts issue was resolved.
And here is the link to the new GPLed arabic fonts,
http://ceri.kacst.edu.sa/download/KacstArabicFonts-1.3.tar.gz

Also, fedora sounds a good solution, as we have many arabic tools and
programs, that we need to get in main stream distros.
We will check, and be back soon.

Regards
Mohamed Eldesoky
Linux-Egypt
www.linux-egypt.org

--
Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it.
--Chinese Proverb