Re: Arabic support in RedHat 9

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 5:29 am, Matt Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:38:48PM -0700, jdow wrote:
> > My understanding regarding fonts is that a font face cannot be
> > copyrighted but the name can be. So it is hard to imagine what
> > might have been the copyright issue here.

> Cheers,
> Matt
> msw redhat com
> --
> Matt Wilson
> Manager, Base Operating Systems
> Red Hat, Inc.

The fonts issue was resolved.
And here is the link to the new GPLed arabic fonts,

Also, fedora sounds a good solution, as we have many arabic tools and
programs, that we need to get in main stream distros.
We will check, and be back soon.

Mohamed Eldesoky

Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it.
--Chinese Proverb