Re: Restoring the RHN Alert Icon?

Matt,

Thank you so much. I went to the panel, right-clicked,

[Add to Panel --> Utility --> Notification Area]

and it was restored. I didn't have to perform the second step you
suggested since the RHN icon appeared inside the notification area.

I think for simplicity sake, the RHN applet needs to be more clearly
named, instead of "Notification area" and it has a battery icon. If the
RHN applet requires a notification area to function properly, then
perhaps this should be automatically added to the panel when you

[Add to Panel --> Launcher from menu --> System Tools --> Red Hat
Network Alert Icon]

I don't want to sound too critical since you did help me restore the RHN
icon, but if Red Hat REALLY wants to dominate the desktop market, (And I
believe you can!) you need to incorporate Human Factors and Cognitive
Psychology into your User Interface.

I'm not suggesting you copy M$ or Apple (although I love MacOS X), I'm
merely suggesting that you need to allow users the intellectual freedom
to use the machines the way they see fit. And even though Linux is an
extremely sophisticated OS where most of the power is in the command
line interface, there are users like myself that are used to a
user-friendly GUI to get things done.

That's my two cents and once again thank you for your response. Keep up
the great work. I love Phoebe!

Adam Scarcella =)