How do I change menu properties?

I trying to set up xcdroast to use a specific drive - /dev/hdc. To do that I want to launch it:

xcdroast -f "/dev/hdc"

I went to the Main Menu -> System Tools -> CD Writer, right clicked, got Properties. I then changed the Command line - as above. Clicked OK, and got the message that "Cannot save changes to launcher. Details: Error writing file "application:/System/xcdroast.desktop": Read-only file system"

Feature or bug?