ALSA (was: Re: Contributions to Fedora)

Adam Scarcella <adamo97 attbi com> wrote :

> Where can I download your alsa packages? I have tried to build packages
> of my own from source but I am a newbie and I have never done it before.
> Needless to say I was unsuccessful.

Hum. Strange some people still try to use ALSA on Red Hat Linux without
having heard of my packages :

Packages of 0.9.0rc6 are available for the latest errata kernels, rebuilt
for all archs.

I really think these packages are some of the best available, as they
provide for example /dev entries created in the cleanest possible way
(through a /etc/makedev.d entry) and an init script to save the mixer
status upon shutdown. Also, I'm all ears for possible improvements!

Red Hat Linux release 8.0.9x (Phoebe) running Linux kernel 2.4.20-2.28
Load : 0.18 0.18 0.38, AC on-line, battery charging: 100% (5:54)