Re: ALSA (was: Re: Contributions to Fedora)

Gordon Messmer <yinyang eburg com> wrote :

> Originally, I'd removed the init script in favor of Red Hat's standard
> method, using aumix to set and save the mixer settings on module
> load/unload.  I guess you put it back in, but maybe you should consider
> Red Hat's method instead?

I put it there because some people told me that the main ALSA module wasn't
removed on shutdown/reboot, so it was needed to save the mixer settings. I
haven't actually checked that, although I guess I should have, especially
if the script is completely un-needed... :-/

Matthias

Red Hat Linux release 8.0.9x (Phoebe) running Linux kernel 2.4.20-2.27
Load : 0.13 0.11 0.09, AC on-line, battery charging: 100% (5:54)