Re: ALSA (was: Re: Contributions to Fedora)

Warren Togami <warren togami com> wrote :

> > Originally, I'd removed the init script in favor of Red Hat's standard
> > method, using aumix to set and save the mixer settings on module
> > load/unload.  I guess you put it back in, but maybe you should consider
> > Red Hat's method instead?
> >

> I agree, Red Hat's method works fine for ALSA.  Within /etc/modules.conf
>
> post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>  >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>  >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>
> These lines are created by redhat-config-soundcard.  If you add the ALSA
> lines this continues to work properly.

I doubt it. It will indeed save the main volume setting, the PCM one, the
CD one etc. (the ones most people use, actually), but *not* the advanced
ALSA mixer settings. To fully save the ALSA state, you need to replace
these two lines by similar ones that call "alsamixer".

You can find these two lines on my ALSA page :
http://freshrpms.net/docs/alsa/
(damn, I *am* writing it again and again!!! ;-))

Matthias

Red Hat Linux release 8.0.9x (Phoebe) running Linux kernel 2.4.20-2.27
Load : 0.01 0.07 0.08, AC on-line, battery charging: 100% (5:54)