Re: new rawhide Themes packages (sweet!!)

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 16:05, Elton Woo wrote:
> Thomas J. Baker wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 14:44, Elton Woo wrote:
> >

> >>I'm running Ocean Dream, though I wish it had the nice
> >>glass slider that's in Grand Canyon. Please keep the
> >>High Contrast~ / Large Print Themes in the final release!
> >>

> >When I install the gnome-themes package, it hangs gnome-theme-manager :(
> >
> >tjb
> >

> Did you update your gnome*** libs, etc, as well? My habit is to
> load /var/logs/rpmpkgs in gedit, to compare versions as I am logged
> into rawhide, and update *everything* that's on my system, that way
> I don't (usually) run into any dependency conflicts.
>
>   ... just a thought ...
>
> Elton ;-)

I generally just make a directory full of symlinks to the actual rawhide
rpms and do an "rpm -Fvh *", removing problematic rpms if the Fvh fails
(gstreamer currently has problems, one of the postgres rpms seems to be
a corrupt). Currently, only kernel, glibc, and openssl rpms have to be
installed by hand because of the multiple architectures. After those are
updated, the "rpm -Fvh *" pretty much just works. So my systems are as
up to date as my mirror of rawhide (which is a mirror of the Penn State
mirror of rawhide!)

One area where the Fvh fails is with new rpms that aren't already
installed. How are other people doing rawhide upgrades?

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb unh edu    |