Re: USB Camera - Detected through Kudzu but not configurable throughgtkcam

Jack Bowling wrote:
On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 08:42:13PM -0500, Phoebe - 7M3 - Live wrote:

My camera was detected through kudzu. There is no choice for my particular model. Is there any other camera program that might work?

If your digicam uses some kind of flashcard media for storage, picking
up any of the card readers allows you to mount the media and work
it as if it were a scsi drive via the usb-storage module. Cheap and
easier than worrying about whether gtkam supports it.

It has a 32 mb Lexar flash card installed. Originally, there was a 4 meg HP flash installed.

I'll check into flash card readers. The problem just makes it so I cannot claim to be 100 percent free from needing Microsoft software.

It was more to show my wife how "good" Red Hat was getting. I feel that the lower the amount of "can't do that! you have to buy another camera."
The more likely Red Hat will take a larger share of desktop users.

Dumbing down the interface might work. But if you dumb down the interface, you still have supported hardware to deal with.

I submitted a bug report. It was closed as NOTFIXING

Since Red Hat can detect my scanner in GNOME (but not in KDE). I was a bit proud of the first USB "baby step". Prodding them to push for more software compatibility didn't work.

Whom the mad would destroy, first they make Gods.
		-- Bernard Levin