Re: bringing back the cursors...

Torgeir Veimo wrote:

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 16:11, Darrell Esau wrote:

I've seen a few posts about the new pretty cursors disappearing in phoebe beta 2.

They aren't working because the cursors were totally removed.

There were two themes, redglass and whiteglass, which were here:

I extracted them from phoebe beta1's XFree86 rpm, put them into that directory, then made sure that my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons/default/index.theme file looked like this:

[Icon Theme]

Then restarted X and they're back.

I assume that they were removed for a reason, so UseAtYourOwnRisk (tm)

Do anyone plan on making an independent nice-cursor.rpm from these files?

         The only reason they were removed was that most people
griped about them, _without really giving *hemselves* the chance
to become accustomed_ to the new pointers.

(Talk about resistance to change!) <*chuckle*>.

        I've wiped out my Phoebe1 CD's and used them for Phoebe2.
Would I still be able to find the rpms on Red Hat or one of the

Elton ;-)