SGI-FAM errors

I have been getting mail to root, with SGI-FAM running at bootup. It
always replies with <No address>

When I launch gedit from the command line with sgi-fam not activated, it
gives error messages.

Is there any need to worry about a non-addressed sgi-fam related
message?

I haven't noticed the error with Phoebe. But I did get that message with
at least version 8.0 and 7.3.

I have sgi-fam running at boot now. Are there many applications that use
fam for quicker file searches?

Jim

--
Q:	How many IBM CPU's does it take to do a logical right shift?
A:	33.  1 to hold the bits and 32 to push the register.