Re: Gentoo-like Performance?

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:37:39PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:14:22PM -0500, Phillip Compton wrote:
> > I found Evolution's performance to greatly improve and XFree86's to
> > improve quite a bit too.
>
> But probably subjectively. Hard to filter out the psychological factor.

I would not personally believe any subjective impressions on
performance. I'd want to see hard numbers.

In many years of programming computers, I've never seen any compiler
change result in human-perceptible performance differences for a GUI
app.

But then, if it seems faster, isn't that just as good as it actually
being faster? ;-) Some sort of deep philosophical question there.

Havoc