Re: new rawhide Themes packages (sweet!!)

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003 04:10, Michael Knepher wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 22:12, Phillip Compton wrote:
> > I do similar, although without using symlinks, and my theme-manager also
> > died after installing the new gnome-themes package.
>
> I found a workaround in bugzilla - run the services app and disable
> sgi-fam.

FAM has an upper limit of files it can monitor, somewhere around 4000.  The
most likely cause of this problem on Linux relates to this thread:
<http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/mail_archive/200301/msg00011.html>

In brief, the suggested fix is to rebuild fam adding "-lrt -lpthread", but Red
Hat's FAM maintainer, Alexander Larsson, seems to suggest that this should no
longer be necessary with the current version of glibc.

Alex, does your reply in the above-mentioned thread suggest this issue might
be fixed by upgrading to the latest glibc Raw Hide package?  If there is any
need to add these flags to FAM, would you consider adding them to Red Hat's
RPM build?

Thanks

--
Michael Wardle