Re: new rawhide Themes packages (sweet!!)

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003 13:48, Michael Wardle wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 5, 2003 04:10, Michael Knepher wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 22:12, Phillip Compton wrote:
> > > I do similar, although without using symlinks, and my theme-manager
> > > also died after installing the new gnome-themes package.
> >
> > I found a workaround in bugzilla - run the services app and disable
> > sgi-fam.
>
> FAM has an upper limit of files it can monitor, somewhere around 4000.  The
> most likely cause of this problem on Linux relates to this thread:
> <http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/mail_archive/200301/msg00011.html>

In a more recent message in the same thread, Alex states this problem seems to
have been resolved by glibc-2.3.1-34, so indeed upgrading to the latest glibc
should do the trick.

You can get it here:
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/glibc-2.3.1-40.i386.rpm
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/glibc-2.3.1-40.i686.rpm

Please report back whether this does fix the problem.

--
Michael Wardle
Adacel Technologies