Re: Gentoo-like Performance?

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 06:02 pm, David Krider scribbled in crayon on a
yellow legal pad:
> Please point me in a helpful direction, and I'll try to do a comparison,
> dk

All you want to do is measure the length of time it takes an app to lauch or
how long it takes an app to complete a task (or benchmark)?

For X11, you could compare Xmark values. For launching an app, it the time
command useful?

Of course, you would not want to recompile but one app at atime and test
before and after, which is why no one wants to do it; x11perf/Xmark will take
about 6 to 8 hours for the two runs necessary to get a comparison.

--
Hoyt
http://www.maximumhoyt.com

Run with scissors.