Re: Gentoo-like Performance?

One critically important question is how are your hard drive settings
set?  Make sure you have hdparm installed, and check dma and the other
options.  Redhat used to be really strict about what cards they enable
DMA on.  They seem to be laxing up a little now, though.  But it can
mean the difference between 5MB/s and 30MB/s.  Of course, with the SCSI,
that's a different story, but having never had a SCSI controller, I
don't know what that story is.

-Eric Hattemer