Re: Automatic Updates Every Night?

Checkout http://freshrpms.net/apt/ and find a repository that has rawhide, or setup a mirror of rawhide and run your own apt repository for it.
-joshua eichorn

Adam Scarcella wrote:

O.K. I understand your point and it makes perfect sense. However, I would
still like to update to the latest packages without having to kill myself
with dependency issues.

Is there a set of terminal commands I can use to update individual packages
without having to worry about dependencies or is that only possible with
either RHN or Ximian RedCarpet?

I have tried to install several packages and no matter what I do, a
dependency issue arises and I can't resolve it because yet another
dependency issues pops up. It just seems to me that there is a never ending
set of dependencies and I don't know how to update everything at the same
time.

RedCarpet allows you to select several local files to update simultaneously.
Can I do the same thing with the command line using RPM and some set of
parameters?

Adam =)