Re: STILL can't re-register my system with RHN!

Tom Coady wrote:

Elton Woo wrote:

Just install the rawhide nightly packages

Sorry to appear incredibly stupid about this - I understood MJYs tip on

... er, *my* apologies ... I should have been more concise.

restoring RH-release but I am still confused by your advice. Do I download
the individual RPMs from the ftp site, check which are updated, remove the
release RPM and then install what is left over, or is there a simpler way?

My method is to open /var/logs/rpmpkgs in an editor,
login to thr rawhide mirror and compare what's there
by (version and date) what's on my system.

Then I download the newer traballs and update using
rpm -UVH {newercode}.rpm. Of course, I'm doing this
with RH (Phoebe Beta 2) which was a clean

However, if you are talking about Psyche (RH 8.0),
I would venture the same procedure. Naturally,
apt-get might be a more elegant solution that my
more lengthy way of doing things, but I'm still too
much of a dummy! <*giggle*>

Hope I've properly explained myself now! ;-)
(... or else rap me on the knuckles!...)

Elton &> <--- slightly dazed penguin.