Re: the default background

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Jeffrey D. Spaleta wrote:

> Ani really meant to say "queer"...since the original dictionary
> definition for "queer" before it was turned into a derogitory slang , is
> probably appropriate.  I find it someone odd that
> both "gay" and "queer" have come to describe the same sexual persuasion in

Some years ago, before some laws were repealed, there was a
demonstration on the steps of the Tasmanian parliament by a group of
people proclaiming:

  We're queer
  We're here

so I figured those people can't be too offended at the term. OTOH some
people, my sister Gaye included, have to live with their name being
hijacked.

--

John