Re: Report a GPL violation ?

On Saturday 08 February 2003 03:50 pm, Edward C. Bailey scribbled in crayon on
a yellow legal pad:
> I do not know if Red Hat as a company has an interest in this sort of thing
> (I'm not a lawyer, after all), but I've forwarded your email to our
> corporate counsel, just in case...

The pertinent page at www.gnu.org ststes that it's up to the copright holder
to enforce it. Who owns the copyright on the Kernel? I assume that there may
not be a distribution violation of the X11 license for XFree86, except that
no copyright notice is provided. GPM? I'll track down the source and try to
identify the author/copyright holder. The current maintainer's mail bounces.
8(

--
Hoyt
http://www.maximumhoyt.com