LInux USB resources (was Re: are there any serious show-stoppers ...)

Phoebe - 7M3 - Live wrote:
Elton Woo wrote:
It is great to hear that other USB devices are working for Phoebe. I thought USB stood for Unusable System Bus. With going back to Psyche, I miss the recognition of the scanner. Hopefully, it will be upgraded for the Psyche version also. I'm going to try to get it working with Psyche again.
        May I suggest these invaluable links WRT USB and linux:

Linux Device Overview <http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/>
                        and
Linux support for Philips USB webcams (and Linux only)
<http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/>
        If you wish to write your own USB drivers, check out:
The Linux USB sub-system at
<http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/book1.html>

  Debian or Mandrake properly. So if it is a driver problem, instead of a program problem. Don't bother, I like the X and can live with the minor inconvienience.

class: VIDEO
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: Card:Intel 815
desc: "Intel Corp.|82815 CGC [Chipset Graphics Controller]"
vendorId: 8086
deviceId: 1132
subVendorId: 8086
subDeviceId: 0200
pciType: 1
        From the abovie I gather it's video support built-in to
the motherboard? If so, I know that problem has been discussed
and fixed in other fora. (Try a Google search....)
Thanks for your input on distributions up your way.
        You're welcome.

                Elton ;-)