Re: HOWTO: running vmware on phoebe

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 21:44, Anthony Joseph Seward wrote:
> I've attached an SRPM that I've used to get vmware running on phoebe.
> The details are inside.
>
> Caveats:
>  1) It works for me
>  2) I had to make some things suid root
>  3) Make backups of /usr/lib/vmware/bin/* just in case
>  4) no warranty etc.
>
> I'd appreciate any ideas on how to avoid the suid root issue.
>
> Tony

If you install vmware normally, then install the latest patch from
ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/pub/vmware, currently
vmware-any-any-update25.tar.gz, vmware runs fine under any phoebe
kernel. I've had to use this patch to make vmware run well under Red Hat
8.0. It works fine.

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb unh edu    |