Re: redhat-config-samba won't start

Brent Fox wrote:

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 13:06, sean darcy wrote:

When I try to start redhat-config-samba from the Samba Server menu I get the whirling hour glass, then nothing. When I try from gnome-terminal I get:

[root amd1900 root]# redhat-config-samba redhat-config-samba requires a currently running X server.

How do you start it?
BTW, i do have X running.

What version are you running?

Cheers, Brent

I have the same problem. I started config-samba in a terminal session and received a string of errors as it tried to read smb.conf. I have been using webmin so I have assumed it (webmin) has modified smb.conf to be incompatible with config-samba.

Bill