Re: bad ram, Suse vs. Red Hat

I used memtest86 to detect the problem, so I agree having it as an option would be good. The best place would seem to be on the rescue disk

Neal Pollack wrote:

In fact, Suse has memtest86 built into their boot cd menu.
It is so tiny, it probably takes less space than
the current Red Hat media check code.
Since Red Hat has started to think about reducing
support and mail list costs via items like the
media test option, they should consider also
adding memtest86 on the boot cd as an option
prior to install.

This program has saved me many hours of
potentially wasted effort, on several