Re: living with phoebe (pt.2)

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 16:39, Chris Tooley wrote:
> POP before SMTP is a common authentication method for blocking
> unauthorized sending.  It's implemented at the ISP site.  I would be
> that this is the case for you, and Evolution supports it as an
> authentication method for smtp.

got it, thank you.

> There is an editing hurdle
> to overcome with vi before modifying the crontab.  Because of that the
> person doing the editing is more likely to be able to create valid
> entries in the crontab.

well, crontab will make sure that the file is at least syntactically
correct before accepting it. it obviously can't tell whether what you're
doing makes sense, though, but nor could a dedicated gui app.

--
rjt thepoacher net

[ do NOT use the following e-mail address: not-used thepoacher net ]