Re: living with phoebe (pt.2)

Robert Tinsley wrote:
On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 15:28, Jef Spaleta wrote:

* evolution: "Relay denied: You must check for new mail before sending
mail." no idea if this (transient) issue is an isp problem or not.
anyone else seeing this?

Pop or Imap or what? I've never come across this. i use only imap servers right now.

pop. haven't really looked into this one that hard yet, was just
wondering whether anyone else had the same problem. (note that i've just
changed operating system, e-mail client, and isp, so anything could be
at fault here. it's also a transient problem, and debugging it's going
to be a pain.)

I ran into a problem that if I used only the pop server's identity, it would not work for later releases of Redhat. I just added the fully qualified name after the name of the mail server. To say, instead of mypop, I use mypop.columbus.rr.com. I use the same format to pull mail from distant locations. Say, at a friends house with a different ISP.

I never ran into your particular problem. But without the full server name, it would be erratic. It is pretty dependable now.

Jim

--
A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.
-- Robert Frost