Re: apt-get and fedora.

Bill Kristjanson wrote:

I used the copy of apt found on Fedora. It is pretty slick.... 719 packages upgraded and no problems!

Bill

I like the no problems alternative. I'll check out their verson. Hopefully, I won't crash my system again.

Are these programs usually the latest from the program developers? Or are they distribution dependent?

Since Phoebe is pretty inactive. What would be the safest? Using apt to upgrade packages for psyche w/ the scanner upgrades? Or going to Phoebe and running apt?

Thanks for the info about Fedora's version.

Jim

-- Many a bum show has been saved by the flag. -- George M. Cohan