Re: apt-get and fedora.

Phoebe - 7M3 -Live wrote:

Bill Kristjanson wrote:

I used the copy of apt found on Fedora. It is pretty slick.... 719 packages upgraded and no problems!

Bill

I like the no problems alternative. I'll check out their verson. Hopefully, I won't crash my system again.

Are these programs usually the latest from the program developers? Or are they distribution dependent?

Since Phoebe is pretty inactive. What would be the safest? Using apt to upgrade packages for psyche w/ the scanner upgrades? Or going to Phoebe and running apt?

Thanks for the info about Fedora's version.

Jim

The idea of Fedora, as I understand it, is that it contains the latest stable packages.

Having said that... I have a problem tonight. The apt-get fails with a "failed to fetch ..." and an "error 404" on about a dozen files.

Bill