Re: apt-get and fedora.

Bill Kristjanson wrote:
The idea of Fedora, as I understand it, is that it contains the latest stable packages.

Having said that... I have a problem tonight. The apt-get fails with a "failed to fetch ..." and an "error 404" on about a dozen files.

Bill

Fedora for RH8.0 and RH8.1 will eventually have only stable packages, but if you use it now with Phoebe you will have pure Rawhide and the problems I mentioned.

The missing files were probably you catching the mirror when it updated from one day Rawhide to the latest. Rawhide moves very swiftly.

Keep in mind that the mass package removals only happen with qt and file, all other packages don't cause this kind of problem.

Warren