Re: apt-get and fedora.

Bill Kristjanson wrote:
> Tom Coady wrote:
>> /var/state/apt/lists/phoebe2.mplug.org_apt_base_pkglist.phoebe: (no
>> error) E: Problem opening
>> /var/state/apt/lists/phoebe2.mplug.org_apt_base_pkglist.phoebe
>> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
> I just finished an update and upgrade -- it worked fine.  Warren
> Togami has advise that you can get those errors if you happen to
> catch the server during a miiror.

OK thanks for that information, but I have had this error consistently since
I posted the same error to the fedora development list last week and there
has been no feedback there about what could be wrong. I have reproduced the
last part of the error message as I think this could be indicating what is
wrong. I get a very similar error when running synaptic where it cannot open
a non-existing file.