scanner, kernels, apt-get and xine

I booted into the latest psyche kernel and tried the scanner. The scanner did not work.

I tried apt-get again and it works. It does not lockup. The program did not retrieve xine for me though.I downloaded the rpms off of freshrpms and manually installed them.

On freshrpms, I could not find the rpm for gline. So I got the rpm from RHN.

Anyway, the xine kills my X server. No dependancies were bypassed with --nodep and all packages were installed, after depedancies were satisfied.

What could be causing the X server crash? Is it related to not having a 3D video card?

Jim

--
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.