Can't start KDE

I just upgraded my RH8.0 installation to Phoebe2. Now, KDE won't start.

All I get is a little alert box, with the message "Could not start
kdeinit. Check your installation". I'm not clear on what, specifically,
I should check?

I also updated all 8.0.93 packages using up2date, but the problem won't
go away.

Here are the kde packages I have currently installed:
[matthias baghira matthias]$ rpm -qa| grep kde
lockdev-1.0.0-21
kdelibs-3.1-0.12
kdesdk-3.1-0.6
kdenetwork-devel-3.1-0.9
kdeartwork-3.1-0.2
kdegames-3.1-0.4
kdeadmin-3.1-0.4
kdeutils-3.1-0.3
kdebase-devel-3.1-0.14
kdemultimedia-3.1-0.5
kdegraphics-3.1-0.3
kdevelop-2.1.4-5
kdepim-3.1-0.2
kdepim-devel-3.1-0.2
licq-kde-1.2.3-4
kdenetwork-3.1-0.9
kdegraphics-devel-3.1-0.3
kdeaddons-3.1-0.5
switchdesk-kde-3.9.8-13
lockdev-devel-1.0.0-21
kdebase-3.1-0.14
kdelibs-devel-3.1-0.12
[matthias baghira matthias]$

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Matthias
--
Matthias Schoener <matthias schoener net>