Re: TAR + NFS = 2GB limit (Felipe Alfaro Solana)

For my part I can say that TAR does support files bigger than 2 GB.  I just
made a .tar file in excess of 3.5 GB on RH8.0 just a few days ago.  I cannot
speak for NFS or the filesystem on which the data actually exists.

> What's the problem? Does tar support files larger than 2GB? Does NFS
support files larger than 2GB? 2GB is a relatively small filesize today (for
backups), so, how can I perform a full backup without using Bzip2 or Gzip?
How can this be solved? I found this to be an important issue for me.