Re: Port 8080

I found this page, which describes a related weakness of the router; it
claims that a recent firmware upgrade fixes it:
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/300402

Acording to the page, for the vulnerability to be remote-exploitable the
remote management port has to be enabled in the setup. But it seems
similar to Mike's discovery.

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 with upgraded firmware version (1.442.z). My
remote management is OFF. Could someone try to telnet to my machine
(65.172.238.13:8080) and post the results?

Thanks,
Matthias