Re: cd burning -- DMA problem or bug? ... and some other burningquestions

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 09:14, Elton Woo wrote:
> 	Lately, I seem to be having consistent problems when burning ISO's
> with either Xcdroast, or gtoaster. Ether with previously used CDRW disks,
> or even brand new CDRW ones. There was discussion about DMA enabling,
> but my experience at the time, caused my system to be un-bootable.
> Oddly enough I can burn (copy) data off my drive to these same CD's.

I'm having cd-burning issues also. The *.*-47.1 kernel and recent glibc
updates fixed some of them, but I'm still getting some coasters, and
some aren't fixating properly. I'm updating to the latest rawhide stuff
now, so I'll see if it helps any.

> 	To be more precise: I have downloaded Peanut linux, and *that*
> burned OK. Two downloads of Knoppix fail when burning, and the Red
> Hat ISO's that I downloaded a few days ago, also fail during the burn.
> Naturally, I *always* check the md5sums of my downloads.
>
> 	Hardware specs:AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.0G, 512 Mb (PC-100) RAM,
> ASUS ATX A7V-E/550 motherboard, with a VIA KT133 chipset.
>
> 	EVOLUTION: I have set it to use HTML, but I how do I override
> this option to send as plain text. In Mozilla, my preference was to
> compose in HTML, but during *send*, I could opt for plain text OR
> HTML. I created a "SAVE" directory, but can't move or copy messages
> to it (a bug?)

In the mail composer window, you can toggle between HTML and plain text
by selecting Format -> HTML (this is in evolution 1.2.x).

Is the "Save" directory under your inbox? Go into
~/evolution/local/path/to/save and check the permissions on the
directory. I've got about 2 dozen subfolders and have no problems moving
messages about.

--
Michael Knepher <limbo bluethingy com>