Re: Port 8080 - Closing on lynxsys - test

----- Original Message -----
From: "AudioSlave - 7M3 -Live" <creed7m3live columbus rr com>
To: <phoebe-list redhat com>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: Port 8080 - Closing on lynxsys - test

> Per our discussions earlier. There seems to be a problem with being able
> to access the ports when your DMZ is set to 0. If you change it to an
> inactive address, say, way out of range of any computer. You won't be
> able to see a port 80 or 8080 on your computer.
>
> This relates back to when I was talking about being able to access my
> router, until I changed my IP. If the DMZ host is 0, your lynxsys will
> be the item being seen.
>
> This was found out when I decided to become non-visible to the outside
> world. I tested the 0 in the address. Then checked my IP. Guess what
> came up! A dialog box to access the router.
>
> Let me know if you see any open ports on this IP now.
>
> nmap -P0  65.24.169.170

Ok, here is the output of trying to telnet to your IP..

[reddawg zeus reddawg]$ telnet 65.24.169.170 8080
Trying 65.24.169.170...

[reddawg zeus reddawg]$

So no, I couldn't connect like you can on mine below..

[reddawg zeus reddawg]$ telnet homer.netlyncs.com 8080
Trying 24.171.108.221...
Connected to homer.netlyncs.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

Connection closed by foreign host

Soo, the question is what exactly did you do to get 8080 not to be seen like
mine does?

And, are you using the same firmware version that I am (1.44.2)?

Mike