Re: Port 8080 - Closing on lynxsys - test

----- Original Message -----
From: "AudioSlave - 7M3 -Live" <creed7m3live columbus rr com>
To: <phoebe-list redhat com>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: Port 8080 - Closing on lynxsys - test

> I updated to the same revision of firmware that you have.

Ok.

> Open your router's homepage. Then click on the advanced tab. Next, go=
> click on the DMZ host tab. Then, change the address to some address that
> is otside your active computers. (an address that will never be used.)
> Say, 666, for example.

Had to set it from 1-254, so I chose 254.

> Then, apply your changes.

Yep, did that.

> This isn't gaurunteed to work. It seems to work for me presently.

Doesn't work for me, still get same telnet results.

Do you have port 80 open and forwarding anywhere?  I do and wondering if
that has any affect at all.  Might have to test that just to see.

> What does setting the value to zero do?

I had mine at 0 from the time I discovered this bug.

>Would it allow all addresses in
> the single digits work? I'm thinking addresses 1 to 9 would be
> vulnerable, if the address was zero.

My network is 192.168.1.x where x=1-4.  And like above, dmz = 0.

So not sure what to do at this point to get it like yours.

Mike