Re: grub: phoebe2 + winXP

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 05:14 pm, Kevin Bowen wrote:
> Hi,
> Not sure if this is the appropriate list for this kind of question, but....
> I just installed phoebe2 onto a disk with an exisiting windows XP partition
> (xp is the first partition on the drive) and let the installer use grub
> with default settings. Phoebe boots fine, but XP now just prints:
> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
>         chainloader +1
> and doesn't boot.
> Can anyone tell me what I did wrong (or point me to another list more
> appropriate for this kind of question) ?

If it's like the partitioning on my HP ze1210, there is a hidden DOS partition
at /dev/hda1 that is used for the laptops' diagnostic utilities. it lies just
after a "skipped" portion of the drive that the BIOS must use for suspending
the Windows XP OS.

Change your Grub settings to:

rootnoverify (hd0,1)

and watch the magic work again.

Andaconda should know better. File a bug report on this.

Run with scissors. Remove mattress tags. Top post. Be a rebel.