Re: Port 8080 - Closing on lynxsys - test

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arend" <phoebe-list meetsma org>
To: <phoebe-list redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: Port 8080 - Closing on lynxsys - test

> Are you sure you've got 'Remote Management' turned off on the Filters
> tab under Advanced settings?

Remote management is OFF.  Just go to www.netlyncs.com:8080 or
www.netlyncs.com:6666 (this port is the one I changed too, to see if that
would help not detect it) and you'll see it won't connect.

> I only get connected on 8080 from outside if I have that enabled on my
> LinkSys.

What is your IP/domain name and I'll see if I can telnet to that port or
not.  I have 8080 closed down or have had it in numerous ways I could think
of to try out and nothing works.

Almost thinking of resetting the router to factory settings and then trying
to connect and going from there.

Mike