Re: Automount CD-ROM/DVD-ROM problems

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 12:14, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> Okay..not to nitpick...but do mean automount the gnome way
> (magicdev)? automount the kde way (autorun)?  or automount the autofs
> way (/usr/sbin/automount)?

This question (and the number of ways it implies automounting can occur)
is precisely why I just decided to open a terminal and mount the drive
as root.

Isn't Red Hat supposed to have CDs automount by default (at least on a
desktop/workstation installation class)?  If so, which mechanism does
it use to achieve this?

--
Michael Wardle
Adacel Technologies