Re: Automount CD-ROM/DVD-ROM problems

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 14:35, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> so sayings its boneheaded for redhat to support 3 ways to handle
> cdrom drives is pretty much equivalent to saying its bad for redhat
> to support a full commandline system, gnome and kde...and i think
> there are several dozen threads on several redhat mailinglist that
> give this idea the full dead horse treatment it deserves...no need to
> really get into this argument here...

I didn't say it was "boneheaded", I just said it seemed more sensible to
use only one method if possible, and that Red Hat should have it work
out of the box (at least for home users).

You have shown that to use only one method would not provide the desired
functionality, so I stand by the second clause, which is that I would
like Red Hat to have this all working out of the box, as I think they
have had in previous releases, and as I expect they will by the time
they release 8.1.  It's only been non-functional for me in Phoebe.

Thanks for providing me with some of the background and rationale, but
if you think I insulted anyone or suggested anything was "boneheaded",
perhaps you should reread my message. :-)

Michael Wardle
Adacel Technologies