Re: Automount CD-ROM/DVD-ROM problems

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 10:22, Nicholas Marsh wrote:
> Sys #1. Won't automount at all, must mount /dev/cd-rom (as root from
> shell).

As stated previously, I've experienced similar problems, but I'm not
expecting anybody to worry about it for me. ;-)

> Sys #2. Automounts CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, but prompts for root password each
> time (insert and eject).

Doesn't this happen if you insert a CD-ROM that contains an Autostart
file or perhaps even a CD-ROM with installable RPM packages?  I think
it's just the package manager starting, and it needs root permissions.
(I guess you've already tried with a few different disks, but I just
wanted to make sure.)

--
Michael Wardle
Adacel Technologies